In this course, you will learn through a series of lectures complete with hands-on labs. You’ll walk through Power BI, end to end, starting from how to connect to and import your data, author reports using Power BI Desktop, and publish those reports to the Power BI service. Plus, learn to create dashboards and share with business users—on the web and on mobile devices.
This course is designed to enable you get started as Power BI Consultant or Power BI Developer. It extensively covers the key components of Power BI which includes Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, Power BI Query Editor, Power BI Mobile. The course sufficiently covers concepts to help you clear the Microsoft 70-778 ‘Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft’ Power BI exam.
Power BI is a business analytics service that delivers insights to enable fast, informed decisions. It is recognized among professionals in BI & data science as a cloud-based service that helps them easily visualize and share insights from their organizations’ data.
Microsoft is recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms–for 12 consecutive years.
- Transform data into stunning
visuals and share them with colleagues on any device.
- Visually explore and analyze
data—on-premises and in the cloud—all in one view.
- Collaborate on and share customized
dashboards and interactive reports.
- Scale across the organizations with
built-in governance and security.
to multiple data sources
transformation & data modelling
powerful visualizations, reports & dashboards
reports and dashboards for user consumption
BI cloud administration
of relational databases, SQL
exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
awareness of key business terminologies such as sales, expenses, revenue and
profitability is desirable.
with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
who are looking to start careers as Business Analysts, BI Consultants, BI
Developer, Data Analysts
- Currently working
- IT professionals
who wish to switch their career to Data Analytics stream
Background in Computers & Information Technology
Data Science and Data Analytics are the key words in industry. Our course enables you to embrace it.
Average Salary of Power BI Developers in India: 6 LPA (Payscale.com)
- Understanding key concepts in business intelligence, data analysis, and data visualization
- Understanding the BI architecture
- Understanding Power BI Desktop interface
- Connecting to and importing your data from multiple data sources including Excel and SQL Server
- Shaping, Transforming & Cleaning the data using Query Editor
- Enriching your data with business calculations using DAX & M Query
- Developing multiple interactive reports with practical use cases
- Formatting the reports
- Deploying / publishing reports to Power BI service
- Working with advanced DAX functions & M Query options
- Working with advanced Query Editor options
- Working with time intelligent functions
- Working with hierarchies, groups, embedded tooltips, bookmarks
- Working with data from multiple databases or data sources
- Working with joins & relationships
- Implementing filters & slicers
- Using custom visuals
- Developing multiple reports with different uses cases
- Exploring live connections to data with Power BI
- Sharing dashboards across your organization
- Consuming dashboards in mobile apps
- Implementing row-level security
- Creating dashboards based on reports and natural language queries
- Overview of Power BI Service, Dashboards, Workspaces, Apps
- Creating Dashboards in Power BI Service
- Creating and managing Workspaces & Power BI Apps
- Embedding reporting in external portals like Sharepoint and using export options
- Authoring reports within Power BI Service
- Connecting to Power BI published datasets
- Power BI Service administration
- Scheduling automated refresh of your reports using Data Gateway
- Mini project aligned with practical use case