Every candidate who is considering SAP consultant as career has an anxiety about role of SAP Functional Consultant. The role of SAP Functional Consultant will vary based the Project like SAP Implementation, SAP Support (post implementation), Upgrade and Roll out etc.
Before moving ahead, first we shall understand about SAP Implementation and its below Sfive phases of ASAP methodology:
Phase 1: Project Preparation – The purpose of this phase is to provide initial planning and preparation for your SAP project.
Phase 2: Business Blueprint – The purpose of this phase is to achieve a common understanding of how the company intends to run its business within the SAP System.The Business Blueprint document represents the business process requirements of the company.
Phase 3: Realization – The purpose of this phase is to implement all the business process requirements based on the Business Blueprint.
Phase 4: Final Preparation – The purpose of this phase is to complete the final preparation (including testing, end user training, system management and cutover activities) to finalize your readiness to go live. The Final Preparation phase also serves to resolve all critical open issues.
Phase 5: Go Live and Support – The purpose of this phase is to move from a project-oriented, pre-production environment to live production operation.
Role of a functional consultant:
- A functional consultant evaluates the demands in talking with the customer’s representatives, transforms the essence into an abstract and algorithmic business model.
- Then the main task starts: customizing the respective business area and making sure the system reacts in the manner according to the constraints of the requested use case.
- The consultant documents the settings and prepares proper guidelines that allow other consultants to do further changes or repairs with due efforts.
- The consultant takes care that proper training is given to the users and that the system is usable, performing appropriately and the business flow is complete and correct.
- After go live he guarantees that the procedures remain usable and consistent in real live situation and proposes enhancements.
Role of a support consultant are:
– Primarily responsible for Handling tickets and application support
– When an issue comes diagnose, analyse and solve the issue
– Responsible for enhancements in system
– Writing functional specification and interacting with technical consultant(ABAP)
– Training the end users and preparing document for end user